Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
yossi: photo of various woodworking hand planes (woodworking)
[personal profile] yossi
So I've been building this work bench for woodworking for a *mumble* number of months and finally have managed to get it done. This is by way of being a huge accomplishment for me, particularly since I had a solid couple of months post top-surgery where I was not allowed to lift anything heavier than a fork. Pictures! (click thumbnails to enlarge):


After putting the casters on the legs. The damn thing probably weighs a couple of hundred pounds, so pushing it around without wheels on is out of the question:
workbench after putting casters on the legs

Closeup of the joinery on the top of one of the leg pieces (is it terrible joinery? yes. will I stop? no):
mortise and tenon joinery on the leg pieces, with pegs for extra support

Braces:
workbench after putting cross-piece braces on

Complete! Mostly!
workbench after putting the top on

It still needs the planing beam and planing stop, and I had to re-seat one of the top pieces to sink the bolt heads properly, but it's a work bench now! Yay!

Profile

yossi: Gabrielle and Xena looking affectionately at each other (Default)
aka joey

December 2022

S M T W T F S
    123
456 78910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Page generated Oct. 11th, 2026 06:21 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios